Safety is the utmost priority in all our sites and strict adherence to the safety policy is maintained.
- Personal Safety items like Helmets, safety belts and safety shoes are mandatory at site.
- Ledger is maintained at site to follow the issue of the safety items to workers and wearing of the same is strictly maintained at site with penalty clause.
- Site office & the stores are equipped with fire prevention and the house keeping of the same is well maintained.
- Workmen Compensation, CAR policy are implemented at site.
- All the Workers are covered with ESIC benefits.
Safety requirements for Electrical work
- Following safety precautions to be taken as listed below:
Personal protective equipment:
- All necessary personal safety equipment like safety helmet, safety shoes, jacket, etc. are made available.
- Those engaged in welding and cutting works are provided with protective face and eye-shields and leather gloves, etc.
- Work personnel shunting between inside & outside any shaft or floor edges should use safety harness.
- No smoking within the site premises.
Electric cabling work inside the lift shaft:
- Full body safety harness with double lanyard (scaffold hook type) provided and securely anchored.
Work at height inside the electric duct at elevated level:
- Adequate lighting should be provided throughout the working period inside the electric plumbing shaft.
- Safety Harness should be of double lanyard type. While working near unprotected shaft opening, floor edges use of safety harness and securely anchoring hook in firm support.
Internal electric work:
- For, conduting work at ceiling level, provision of proper platform / trestle ladder.
Electric conduit Zaary work:
- When cutting or drilling into walls or ceilings, proper precaution should be taken for existing electrical wiring and other hidden utilities.
- Use of protective goggles, ear protective ear plugs, etc.
- All waste, debris generated during chipping shall be collected and disposed daily.
Use of power operated hand tools:
- Before taken into use, check all electric operated tools. Use only good condition tools.
- Ensure safety guards of power tools.
- Properly insulated cable joints.
- Use of pin top plugs.
- Proper routing of electric cables. Cable should not run through staircase access, public movement area to avoid tripping hazard.
- Provision of proper extension board for work locations away from TEDB.
Internal wiring work inside the flat/pulling of wire through conduits:
- For work at height provide good quality trestle ladder/ stable working platform.
- For wire pulling, use of suitable hand gloves.
- During flat testing, switch off electrical supply and test with the help of socket tester and multi meter. Use insulated hand gloves & foot protection. Work under supervision of experience electrical license holder.
External electric work:
- For street pole lighting fixtures, provision of suitable ladder of sufficient height.
- For external development through cable trench, open manholes is barricaded with suitable railing, provide suitable light arrangement.
Vertical pulling of electric cable through shaft:
- During vertical cable pulling, cable pulling from top to down level is prohibited.
Terrace level work (Installation of lightening arrestor, aviation light,etc:
- Use of safety harness with anchoring arrangement.
Temporary electric distribution/ installation for construction work activities:
- All lines will be switched off before carrying out any connection or repair work "LOCK & TAG OUT”
- Use of insulated hand tools and insulated safety personal protective equipment’s.
Mechanical material handling:
- A mobile crane or overhead crane of suitable capacity.
- All lifting equipment, tools & tackles (Mobile crane, pulley, web sling, steel wire rope slings, etc.) shall be tested and valid test certificate.
- Unloading of electric panels, cable drums from truck: While handling Electric panel boards manually by Mathadi workers: By use of Hydra, sling unloading panels from truck and shifting at the said location by keeping on round pipes. Care shall be taken
- to avoid falling/ caught in between.
- Proper guide rope shall be provided to avoid tilting.In case of use of good condition chain pulley.